Roulette Rules and Tips
Roulette is one of the busiest table games. Perhaps it is the attraction of the spinning wheel that can land a magic number and instantly change a player’s bank account. It is more likely, the fun that can be found in this game, where many feel there is a strategy, but ultimate it is a game of chance favouring the house. The goal of the game is for players to try and predict where the marble will land in the wheel and put their wager in the right spot. Also check: Blackjack, Roulette.
|Casilando||200% up to $€ 100 + 100 Extra Spins|
|MrPlay||100% up to $€ 200 + 100 Extra Spins|
|Slot Planet||100% up to €555|
|21Casino||121% + 21 Extra Spins|
|Wixstars||100 % up to $€ 300 + 50 Extra Spins|
|Cashmio||100% + 100 Extra Spins|
|Guts||100% up to $€ 300 + 100 Extra Spins|
It’s All About the Bets
Roulette is different. It is not a game of rules that you need to learn, but a game of possible bets you can place. For land based casinos, you are given a certain time to place your bets, and once the dealer drops the marble into the wheel, there will be no more bets allowed. It is best for you to know the types of bets, the probability of that bet winning, and thus you can place your bet quickly. In online games, you actually select spin when you are done placing your wagers.
- Single – you bet one specific number.
- Double – you wager 2 specific numbers that are adjacent either vertically or horizontally, by placing the chip on the line between those two numbers.
- Street – you bet three numbers in a horizontal line.
- Double Street – you wager on 6 numbers, like the regular street.
- Square or Corner – you place a chip on the corner of four numbers.
- Trio – you can bet either 0/00/1 or 0/1/2, which are the first three numbers on the table layout depending on American or French roulette, respectively.
- Red or Black/Even or Odd – you choose one to bet the marble will land on either red or black numbers or even or odd numbers. You never bet even and black or even and red, or odd and red or odd and black. If you wagered that the marble would land on an even number that is red, and you won you would get double your winnings. When you bet the same, but the marble landed on an even number that is black you would break even. If the number is not even or red, then you lose your entire wager.
- Dozen bets – you have 37 numbers in French Roulette and 38 numbers in American roulette that you can wager on. With a dozen bet you can choose between 1 of 3 dozen sets of numbers based on the table grid.
- Column bets – are like dozen bets, only you wager on the columns of 12 numbers versus the rows.
- 1 to 18 or 19 to 36 are also two other bets, where you wager on the first or last 18 numbers on the wheel.
Note: American Roulette wheels have a 00 zero and a single zero to increase the house edge.
In roulette, you have different odds which can make some bets more attractive, but highly unlikely to payout. Here are the payouts:
Single: 35 to 1
Double: 17 to 1
Street: 11 to 1
Corner: 8 to 1
Double Street: 5 to 1
Trio: 11 to 1
Even/Odd and Red/Black: 2 to 1
1 to 18 or 19 t o36: 2 to 1
Tips and Tricks
For roulette, it is about knowing the payouts and the likelihood of getting certain numbers. If you are trying to get 1 number out of 37 to 38 possible outcomes, the probability is stacked against you. You are more likely to choose a winning bet when you play more numbers on the table.
You have probably watched a few movies that feature roulette. The main actor/actress plays a bet on a single number and luck would have it that the player wins raking in the dough. Unfortunately, the reality is that you are more likely to make small wins, with modest bets than playing your lucky number.
Playing odd/even, black/red, dozen, column, and 18 numbers is an easier way for you to win a modest amount versus one specific number. If the marble lands on 0 or 00 zero, you will lose. Thus, you need a strategy of playing bets that assures you win more than you lose.